Financial traineeBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the (petro)chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in more than 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 14.000 people.
For our business unit Petrochemicals, we are looking for a financial trainee who will become part of our accounting and controlling team.
- During the first year, max. 2 years, you will operate within the accountancy team to learn the systems and the business unit. You will assist them as an accountant and be responsible for 2 smaller legal entities.
- Gradually you will get assigned some projects e.g. analyze costs and reports.
- Eventually you will assist to several projects, mainly in Europe within financial controlling.
- You will assist in the financial part of terminal start-ups, implementation of a new system, projects in digitalization, analyze and optimize reports etc.
- After the first year, you will spent approx. 1/4th of your time abroad.
- You have a university masters degree in economics or finance
- Preferably you have already 1-2 years of experience in auditing or accounting
- You are willing to travel for work on a very regular basis
- Very good communication skills in Dutch and English
- Stress tolerance
- You have an analytical mind
- A no-nonsense culture where entrepreneurial skills are embraced
- An opportunity to work in a continuously developing and growing environment
- In-house and external training to support growth of your skills and talent
- International experience