Financial Controlling TraineeshipBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie is active in 40 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 18.000 people.
Our business unit offers total solutions for petrochemical producers, based on semi-industrial and engineering services. In addition to storage and handling we take care of all the value added services for the product, from blending and demetallizing to repackaging and optical sorting. To support this growing business unit, we are looking for a Financial Controlling Trainee for the site in Kallo (Belgium).
As a trainee, you will follow an intensive but varied training program at different KTN terminals in Antwerp/Belgium for a period of 6 months. This program is characterized by operational training and hands-on assignments in various fields of logistic activities (i.e. packaging, warehousing, logistics, and administration, commercial) where persistency, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills will be required. Throughout this period you will get a deep understanding of the operations, administration, processes and company culture on which to build on afterwards as a financial controller.
After this introductory period, you will be assigned to 1 or more entities for which you will learn to do both the accounting & controlling from A to Z. Besides that you will become the project owner of the worldwide invoicing process optimization and together with your team you will play a key role in the implementation of the new ERP system globally.
After 1 to 2 years you will grow into a more (international) role within the finance team.
- You have a Masters degree in business engineering, business administration, applied economics or international commercial studies
- A first experience (1-2 years) is a plus but not a necessity
- Besides Dutch you have a fluent understanding of English. A strong knowledge of additional languages such as French or Spanish are an asset.
- You have willingness to travel regularly (or to move abroad for a longer period - depending on your ambitions)
- You have a hands-on mentality, analytical mindset and can do attitude
- Like us you believe in customer-friendliness, economical thinking, eagerness to learn, motivation, innovation and responsibility
- Knowledge of Oracle is a plus
- Inhouse and external training to support growth of your skills and talent
- An exciting job in a leading dynamic company with no-nonsense culture
- A job with high responsibility and lots of variety
- An attractive salary package including a company car
- International career opportunities