Management Trainee – Norfolk, VABack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to a great variety of customers. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 36 countries all over Europe, North America, South America, Asia and the Far East with a staff of more than 13.000 people.
Our Business Unit offers total solutions in Logistics for the Petrochemical Industry, and other industrial services being the Leaders worldwide in what we do. To support this fast-growing business unit, Katoen Natie is looking for a Management Trainees for USA but open for other countries in our Petrochemical division if needed.
For a period of two years, the management trainee will follow an intensive but varied training program at different KTN terminals. This program is characterized by operational training and hands-on assignments in various fields of logistic activities (i.e. packaging, warehousing, logistics, rail, administration, commercial, etc.) where persistency, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills will be required. After this introductory period, the management trainee will be assigned a managerial or key position at a Katoen Natie terminal. This position is to take place in Norfolk, VA.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, international commercial studies, supply chain, logistics or related studies and preferable with master's degree.
- Strong Communication Skills: bilingual is a plus.
- Willingness to move abroad for a longer period (4 years) if necessary.
- Hands-on mentality, willingness to work on the floor, problem solver, strong negotiator, creative organizer and commercial flair.
- High Tolerance to moving targets.
- Intellectual Humbleness